21 May 2009

A Little bit of Sparkles

Last night we met up for our sparkles meeting (sewing girls) for what is really the first time for the year.  How sad is that, but with a knee replacement (not me of course) and a few other commitments we haven't been able to have a real get together in such a long time and I can't believe how much I have missed it.  Two and a half hours just flew by and did we sew, I didn't but Sue got a tiny bit done.  We just talked and looked at mags and books and talked some more and someone brought out the dk chocolate apricot balls and then there was the apple cake and I had been good all day.... no will power what so ever... I've had a stressful week lol.  

I am going to Brisbane for work in a couple of weeks am going to squeeze in a weekend as well as I haven't seen my sister in a couple of years and I have never seen her property so I am trying to get work to fly me up early Saturday so I can make the most of it.  Is that what Bridget Jones calls a mini break. 

3 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

Sparkles - what a great name! How did you come up with that?

Kirsty and I are off to Sydney (or rather a farm 1 1/2 hrs north of Sydney)for the long weekend, for classes and we are looking forward to another mini break!

I discovered a yummy but naughty new treat at Haigh's the other week....spearmint chews! Chewy spearmint covered in their yummy chocolate. I ate the whole bag didn't share it with anyone in case they didn't enjoy it as much as I did!!!

Sue said...

It was nice to catch up ... It hadnt dawned on me that we hadnt had sewing all year!!! WOW!! And youll be pleased to know I am sitting here finishing off the dk choc apricot balls ... Yum!
Hope miss moo is OK today.
Catch you soon.
Cheers S

Lorraine said...

Always good to catch up with the sewing girls!!......and pleased the little princess is recovering well.....you wont be sorry to see the end of bouts of tonsilitis.....! have a great time in Brisbane...I just got back from a work trip to Sydney and I took a couple of leave days and flew up early...it was worth it...it was a great break!