p.s. My work around worked a treat so I can finish the tunic to go with the pants now. Had a lovely time this morning dyeing Leanne's op shop wool finds and think she will have a bit of show and tell tomorrow if she can wait that long before washing them out. We were very good and didn't make a big mess that is until Leanne left and then I tipped over a cup of unused dye all over the pavers, and all over my hubby's card table (if I put it away maybe he won't notice), splashed some bleach on the pavers and that got most of it out rain will do the rest .....hopefully.
17 August 2009
Well the Pants are finished the rest...
Struck a bit of a problem with the top yesterday. Because the denim is stretch and I mean very stretchy I had a bit of a problem putting the sleeves in. Have been mulling over it all night and have come up with a couple of ideas to try before giving up. I think if I put in some non stretch interfacing to the edge it will stop the fabric stretching as I sew to get the sleeve in and therefore stop the puckering. Otherwise both these patterns are super quick and super easy to sew, if I had used the recommended fabric (not stretch) I wouldn't of had the problem but I wanted a dark denim and they only had a soft one in stretch (which was great for the pants). If all else fails I will have to purchase another piece from Sarah for the bodice, but it look's lovely in the denim so that will be a last resort.