23 March 2010

A Sneak Peak

Remember this.... I am about half way through stitching it.    There are another eight blocks drafted ready to stitch straight after this one so I will be burning the midnight oil for a few weeks.  Can't wait to the quilt in my head materialises.

I really love the Day in the Country micro spots, stripes and checks and they go so wonderfully with my stash of Pat Sloan tone on tones that have been collected throughout the years.  I am planning to make this quilt entirely from my stash (apart from the few backgrounds I have purchased amazingly the stash is pretty light on tone on tones and backgrounds.

Speaking of Pat Sloan I have been a Sloanie for quite a few years and have been a long time member of her yahoo group and now forum.   Her patterns gave me the confidence to try needle turn with their large easy pieces.  She has recently launched a internet radio show and it is well worth a listen.  She talks to lots of different quilt and craft celebrities.  This week it is Michelle Fielke from Sewn and the Material Obsession books fame as well as Frieda Anderson can't wait to have a listen on my morning walk.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Very nice!!! Can't wait to see it all. Cheers S

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Just popping over to say hi! Love the purples in your applique project!