06 July 2010

Can you hear that........

Its silence.... It is nearly 8.30 am and the tv is not on the kids aren't squabbling and someone hasn't made a rude comment about me being on the computer at this hour.  Its school holidays its my day off and the kids are at Nan's and hubby's gone to work.  It is so nice a peaceful.  I was going to race around this morning and do some housework but that doesn't seem so appealing now.

I have my biannual glaucoma test this morning (runs in the family so I have to have the test) so I will have to get off my butt soon.  I get the feeling I am going to need glasses soon I have trouble seeing to stitch at night now if the light isn't really bright but I think I should be ok this time but probably next check up they will be needed.  I remember my mum put it off until her arms weren't long enough anymore when she was 48, but she didn't do a lot of close handwork like I do.

Better go off to check what is the next project in Christmas in July.

The wash up of this is I did need glasses for close up work, and it won't be long and I will need them for driving at night (which was a major shock).  Can you guess what coloured glasses I chose.   We were looking at all these frames and the women kept giving me black frames and I said that pink was more my style, so she picked pale pink, and then she was looking at the shape of another pair and she said "these are a nice shape but probably too pink."  I turned to her and said "There is no such thing." And they were perfect Hot Pink Specks.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Glasses make you look smart and sexy (I've been wearing them for years )

Anonymous said...

Can we have a picture please Amanda? Need to see the real thing...
Karen D.