04 November 2010

My Creative Space

You may recognise the embroidery from previous Creative Spaces post.  I had pieced the top with a different focus fabric but then wasn't completely happy with the finish look and I was stumped with how to finish it off.  Sometimes you just have to admit defeat and start again.  So I unpicked and trimmed the original embroidered blocks down tried a new setting with different fabric.  I also wanted to make sure I would be able to sell the patterns locally so changing the fabric to something new in my LQS is hopefully a good move.  It will be a small wallhanging quilt but I am thinking of giving options to make the quilt bigger if they want to.  

I am hoping to be off to the Quilt Fair today, but as I write this (last night) I feel absolutely dreadful and might end up spending the day in bed instead with some bug that my daughter bought home from school.  Fingers crossed I am able to sleep without coughing all night and am able to have a bit of a day out at the show and maybe do a bit of shopping.  

Forgot again. Duh.. check out more creative spaces here 

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Tony said if I didn't go to the Dr yesterday he was going to smother me with a pillow. I went but still coughed all night LOL. Hope your feeling better.

Shay said...

I'm doing the coughing all night thing too! Obviously there's something doing the rounds.

If you make it to the show -enjoy! Hope you feel better fast.

Mrs A said...

hope you feel better soon, lots of vit c and rest, although ive heard retail therapy works also just dont cough on anyone!

flowerpress said...

Looking beautiful, love the red and white border!

Jill said...

It looks really stunning Amanda. Hope you feel better soon - I must be the only person in Adelaide who hasn't got it...yet! Hoping to go to the quilt show myself if I get my act together today. Hubby is away interstate so told him all the fabric I buy will be stashed away and he'll never know!

Teresa said...

Your quilts are stunning....couldn't stop at this post and kept looking. Amazing!!

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Love red & white, get well soon, love Posie