I have pretty much again sewn at least 15 minutes everyday this week. Apart from last night, I just decided to have a bit of a break as I am heading to sewing today after a 4 week absence and I will put in 2 hours there.
The work on the applique sample continues and I will post a photo in this post later today as I am up to the last leaf and then I have to spirals to applique into the circle flowers. It is probably a bit much to ask beginners to do but I will show an alternative easier way to do it or they can just leave it out if it is all to hard. I did a few solid hours on the piece this week.
The Squid and I headed to the sewing room to make a cushion. She ended up having to use my machine which was interesting, had to use my handy IKEA footstool so she could reach the pedal. Her little machine seems to be dead, I think something might be bent inside so I might have to think about getting her something a bit more sturdy, maybe a second hand machine.
My Sewing Room" project and have done a very rough prototype. When I say rough it has been unpicked half a dozen times re-stitched, remeasured, and is more like a shaggy dog than a piece of fine needlework lol. I need to start again this week but I have measurements all worked out and a rough sketch of the stitchery which will be on one section. I see myself making a couple till I get the steps all worked out but even my wonky prototype is fit to purpose so I am more than happy with the work so far. Oh well that is about it for my creative week.
Want to see how the other's faired head on over to Kate's to see the other challenge participants.