08 May 2011

Happy Mothers Day

I've had a lovely weekend so far. Have spent some quality time with Squid, checking out Bowerbird Bazaar which is on this weekend.  I limited my spending to lots of lovely screen printed from Ink and Spindle and a few other vendors who's name escapes me.  There was lots of yummy stuff there just wish I had a bit more cash to spend.

Yesterday morning was Maestro's first footy match for the year and he played a bottler and had 17 kicks.  In the afternoon while he was entertaining a friend, Squid and I hit the sewing room to make a little something (a softie) which I finished off last night and left on her bed.   Which she was very happy with this morning.



This morning I was awoken with a couple of cards and a pressie, which was Nikki's new book which is amazing.  I plan to read it cover to cover then get started on projects in between my current sewing commitments which are mounting by the minute.

I really should be putting my face on.  Have Mother's Day morning tea with the ladies in the street.  For all the mum's out there have a good one and I hope you get spoiled.

3 comments:

Shay said...

It sounds like you had a lovely day planned and got some cool tokens of affection too!

I hope the rest of your day was as fabulous as the start.

Good on the young bloke for a great match yesterday! Top effort!

Leanne said...

Wasn't the weather wonderful. What are you planning for you fabric from the market.

Kate said...

Sounds like a fun weekend with very cool goodies from the Bazaar.

What is a "footy match"? I'm assuming soccer, but you know they say about assuming.

Hope you had a wonderful tea with the ladies.