11 October 2011

15 Minute Challenge

It's school holidays here so there have been trips to the pool, movies, a birthday, walks on the beach and work squeezed in between sewing.  I have managed a 5 day weekend however which I think I managed to sneak in on the boss with out him actually being aware of it until the last minute... (I did spell it out to him in a note when I asked for a day off but he obviously didn't read it.... I am sure I'll pay for it tomorrow).


  Its amazing the fun a girl can have with a puppy, a stick and a sea sponge.  My son was throwing a cuttlefish into the ocean and was amazed at how many times it came back to him.

I admit to a day off yesterday as it was my son's 11th birthday and we had a bit to fit in. Trips to family to pick up pressies and a trip to the Movies to see Johnny English... they both love Mr Bean and thought it was hillarious.

Having a 5 day weekend has meant that I have been able to make great in roads into the "Big Project" there is just 2 6" blocks to finish for the final corner block and one more star to make 2 to applique on.  After taking the photo above the other day I have decided to change a couple of fabric choices but it won't take long to unpick and resew and then the centre will be finished and I can start on the border.

Want to check out who else met the challenge head on over to Kate's place.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds like a wonderful school holiday for everybody. Kiddos is next week. Not sure what we are doing as plans keep shifting.

Love the colors in your big project. It's gorgeous!

Shay said...

That looks absolutely beautiful Amanda. I'm so glad you shared it all laid out. I've been dying of curiosity for weeks! It was well worth the wait.

I have a week off from next Wednesday and boy am I looking forward to it!

Pat said...

Love your blocks! Very nice colors!

Teresa said...

Amanda, the quilt looks beautiful. Love the colours and always love a quilt with a mix of techniques. Congratulations.