17 February 2012

Favourite Things Friday

Following on from last Friday's Post as this FTF was a present that I bought for myself.  

picture from Apple site
If you have been reading my blog for any length of time you will know that I am a closet geek and love having the latest technology and I am a big apple convert after working with PC's for most of my working life.  I don't know how I managed not to get one before now but I am now the proud owner of an iPad.. and yes I know the iPad 3 is just on the horizon but for what I want it to do iPad 2 is enough for now.

The one draw back is that the kids won't leave it alone think I may have to put a password on it for a while lol.  

Over the week I have subscribe to Quilting Arts and Cloth Paper Scissors, downloaded any number of books ready to read and worked out how to read PDF's on this little baby.  

The magazines are just amazing being able to zoom off to the various links (and do some shopping if I have to).  I am really going to enjoy using it to look at the instructions for my Mix Media Kit instead of printing it all off.  

And I have joined Pinterest which I have safely avoided until now but why did I do that beginning to love Pinterest.  

Want to see what everyone else's favourite is head on over to Mrs P



10 comments:

Shay said...

I share your love with Ipad. Im so glad you got one and are enjoying it. It's still one of my favourite things EVER.

I downloaded a quilting calculator too. Fabulously helpful and I'm a convert to reading on my Ipad.

Im so excited about your favourite I think I better go give my Ipad a cuddle.

Shevvy said...

I am still resisting, but will be converting to an iphone soon I think.

Marg said...

Welcome to the dark side, lol.

I LOVE anything APPLE and my iPad is my new best friend. It's great for reading books. No more having to squeeze more books into an already bulging bookcase. It's so handy to take with me on hols or even to the hairdressers. They have wi fi there so I can read blogs, while away hours on Pinterest etc.

Helsie said...

wE ARE STILL WITHOUT ONE HERE TOO. THE CURRENT FAV IS A SAMSUNG TABLET BUT WE ARE HOLDING OFF TILL OUR NEXT TRIP OVERSEAS. IT WILL GIVE US TIME TO WORK OUT WHICH ONE WE WANT TO BUY.
CHEERS

thea said...

I have a kindle and just love it (it was a gift so I can't complain that it's not an ipad). These new toys are quite fun ..

Kate said...

My Guy is a die hard PC person, Apple is a dirty word in this house hold. Enjoy your Ipad, they do look like very handy things.

Canadian Abroad said...

Love my iPad. It could be my FTF every week!

Suzanne said...

I've been considering getting a little more "techie". Thanks for the info. Also, just saw your Smile pillow. I love it. Wouldn't that make a great friendship gift?

Leanne said...

Told you to avoid pininterest

Michelle Ridgway said...

Glad you are happy with your new baby...enjoy!