09 March 2012

Favourite Things Friday


If you have been reading my blog recently you will know that I am on a Mixed Media bender at the moment.  Yesterday I received March's kit and I have prepared the watercolour paper ready to go so hopefully I will get a chance to have a bit of a play day over the long weekend.

My favourite thing Friday this weeks is craft magazines and in particular these two.  Up until a couple of years ago I collected Cloth Paper Scissors and Quilting Art's Magazine.  I got a bit peeved with them because for a while they were just so full of Ads that I just couldn't justify the expense.

So then I started collecting Somerset Studio Magazines, at first they were quite hard to get in Adelaide (Borders was the only place to sell them and at a OMG price).  I really didn't want to subscribe because it was a big expense all at once and sometimes delivery here is a bit slow a remember a mag going to  to Grange in South Africa and took 6 months to get to me by which time the supplier had kindly sent me another one but still it was a long wait.

Now Blue Bazaar have a subscription service for a few of the Stampington Magazines (Somerset Studio's publisher) which means you only have to pay for the magazine when they arrive at the store.    Now that I am getting a monthly kit I can combine postage which is even better.

Now to my iPad. I have subscribed to the digital versions of Cloth Paper Scissors and Quilting Art's Magazine, yesterday I downloaded all of the 2011 Cloth Paper Scissors Magazines for less than $20.  I'll wait until the release the Quilting Arts equivalent but I am so in heaven with all the creative eye candy that I have to pour over, the only problem is that I have seen a heap of new must have tools/paints/pens and mediums that I just have to have.

Head on over to Mrs P for some more FTF, and I'm off for a cup of tea and a read.

5 comments:

Shay said...

I love reading on my Ipad...I really must check out some subscriptions in the crafting department.

Hope you enjoyed reading ...and being no doubt inspired.

Angie in SoCal said...

Good to get this feedback on ipad as I'm starting to think I will take the plunge.

Marg said...

I love reading on my ipad too. I have downloaded a few ebooks on to my computer and iPad. I also subscribe to Fat Quarterly. It's great as now I won't have lots of magazines lying around taking up valuable space, and I can take them on the plane to read, and I don;'t have all the extra weight to carry around.

libbyquilter said...

the somerset magazines are so full of the best sort of arty eye candy. they are my favorite magazines.

:-)
libbyQ

Michelle Ridgway said...

Oh that somerset mag sounds great. I looovvee new art supplies!!!!