26 March 2012

Mixed Media Monday

It was a good job that I had this Project up my sleeve as this weekend has been quit filled with non crafty business.  First it was a promised trip to Bowerbird Bazaar with Squid.  Then Maestro (my son) had his teams Tennis Grand Final. They weren't expected to win as the opposition where quite a bit older than most of he players in his team.  He is the oldest at 11 but the others range in age from 7 to 9.  All the boys in the other team were 11+ oldest being 15, but as they are all in their first year of tennis they were in the same division.  Both teams won 3 sets each so it came down to the number of winning games and our boys came out ahead.

Maestro came out with 3 trophies at the end of the day because he had come runner up in the district tournament for his division, won the club tournament for his division and got a Most improved trophy from the club.  I think there might be another trophy for being grand finalists either way we need a new shelf to store them all.

Yesterday it was Open Day at one of the local high schools and as it was the one we are zoned to we thought it a good idea to go.  I am pleased to say that Maestro was happy with the school and I was pretty impressed also.

Back to mixed media.  Here is the final project for the Kit of the Month.  Was a bit over enthusiastic with the yellow paint in the sky.  I am thinking of doing an online lettering class next month, will have to see how the next week pans out before I head down that path though, life is beginning to get really busy.

5 comments:

Rustic Tarts said...

Congrats to Maestro - he did well!
I went to Bowerbird on Friday night and loved it! First time I have been - shopped very well - and I could have bought more (of course!)

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a busy weekend, and your son did well, the lettering and the sky look cool keep up the good work

Shay said...

Way to go Maestro! Congratulation on your tennis success. That’s fantastic.

High school is a big deal. I remember all the excitement of choosing one for Miss P (eons ago )

I dont think the yellow on the mixed media project looks at all overdone. Pretty!

Kate said...

Congratulations to the Maestro, that's quite an ending weekend to the season.

I like the mixed media project. I agree with Shay, there's not too much yellow, it looks so bright and happy.

libbyquilter said...

i've come to really look forward to seeing your newest mixed media when i visit your blog.
this is bright and fun ~ love it~!

:-)
libbyQ