22 May 2014

Progress and News

Its been taking me a little while to decide what border to do on this medallion quilt.  I have played around in EQ7 quite a bit ... still need lots of practice on how to get the appliqué shapes to do what I want them to do.  I  ended up going to pen and paper for the next large border but I can manipulate pieced blocks quite well.  The 2 side borders are all complete now but it is too dark to take a photo so you will have to just be happy with this one where I was playing with colour placement.  The corners stones will a different block.

I introduced a new print fabric into the border and part of the text has Squids actual name on it which seems to jump out at me in every block.  She was pretty chuffed that her name was in fabric as we never find it in those named mugs, room names or pens.

In other news, Patchwork by Sea has booked me to teach a Beginners Class, Raw Edge Applique and Needle Turn Applique next term.  I have a bit of work to do over the next month but I am really looking forward to teaching again.  With any luck this quilt will be finished by the time the needle turn class comes around and I will have some more show and tell to show my students.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Im really liking the latest project - a lot- those borders look CUTE!

Congrats on the teaching gig- thats great news !

Kate said...

Pretty! Love the bright colors and the fun border.

Have fun with teaching your class. Hope you have all A students in it.