20 July 2015

Jen Kingwell Class at Hetties

What an amazing weekend.  Love the class, love the quilts which look so much more in real life than on a pattern or in the book and it was just a great relaxed and informative class.

Jen is my type of quilter and teacher.  She uses lots of fabric in her quilts and doesn't sweat the small stuff... something I am learning to do ... and she is happy to give all her secrets in class  and doesn't worry if her students still do it their way ... which I did with appliqué because I've tried her method and it doesn't work for me but there was still a lots more to learn.

Over the 2 days we picked up lots of tips for hand stitching, appliqué, quilting and putting the quilt together, far more than I thought I would.

Here are her quilts that were on display during the weekend, just amazing.  I may just have come away with a few patterns to add to the todo list.






5 comments:

Daisy Jayne said...

I was a great day and Jen is a great ...... A good weekend

Shay said...

So happy you had a fun time. I can see why you came away inspired!

Chookyblue...... said...

always wonderful when you come home from something like this so inspired to get sewing..........

CAESAR SHOP said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kate said...

Sounds like a really good class. Looking forward to seeing what inspiration you brought home.