Initially I was going to try and use an 18mm Clover Bias Maker for this block. I tried it out on the weekend and it just was too hard to curve it round the knots.
To tell the truth I never have had much luck with the larger bias makers usually I struggle to get a nice bias but I thought that if I used some starch I would get it to sit right. The bias came out ok but it was just too hard to make the acute bends that the knot work required. The good news is that if you made my quilt last year you will have the 12mm bias maker in your stash which I am currently using.
I am going to have to work on the template more and may have to resort to hand drawing it to get it done for you, but that's my headache. Now back to the ironing board to get the knot in place.