28 May 2017

Block 8 is now Go

I really need to apologise for the slow down in the quilt.  Have really been battling the no sewing mojo there is just too much going on on the home front at the moment, luckily  it has only taken a week to get this block together. And I have a wonderful sewing day with my friends to help me get all fired up and back in the swing.  Block 8 is now loaded on the Tree of Life Block and will remain there for a month.

The putting it together document by the time this uploads should be updated with Version 2.  Which gives instruction for the 1st and 2nd rows to go together and the border for the centre block.

I've been helping Mo work out a bag pattern that she can make at school as part of Home Ec and she finished a prototype today after a few tears last night in which I told her to pack it up and put on a movie and we would have another go this morning.   She does a bit of sewing but it isn't the same as her love of cooking but the need to be perfect is still there.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love how it looks so far. I just received the package of bias makers that I ordered in March (sometimes I forget how long international shipping takes!), so now I can begin all the knot blocks :)
Keep up the positive vibes for your daughter, I have made a few small projects with my son and it definitely is harder than doing it myself!

Unknown said...

I love how it looks so far. I just received the package of bias makers that I ordered in March (sometimes I forget how long international shipping takes!), so now I can begin all the knot blocks :)
Keep up the positive vibes for your daughter, I have made a few small projects with my son and it definitely is harder than doing it myself!

Kate said...

Such a pretty set of blocks. I love all the bright colors. Hope Mo's second go at the bag went smoother than the first.