I finished quilting Flowers for Alison last night. I've been a bit quiet the last couple of weeks have had a couple of health issues and ended up with the migraine of all migraines on the weekend probably courtesy of the marathon quilting that I did on Saturday to get the borders finished combined with a sinus infection.
I'm hoping to start the binding this afternoon and fit a hanging sleeve as well.
I took this photo to show the drape of the quilt. This quilt is quilted within an inch of its life and in the past that has made my quilts quite stiff until they have been washed a few times and even then they were never soft. Not so with this quilt it drapes beautifully. I used a cotton voile on the back which is finer than quilters cotton and the batting I used Quilters Dream Cotton Request and I think I've found my all time favourite batting. This is a big quilt and it folds up to the size of a pillow it is light and I can't wait to have it on my bed, but first I need to get it ready for a show.
Once the hanging sleeve is in place I hope to find a space big enough to photograph it fully so watch this space.