20 May 2018

Halfway Point the Getaway

We are halfway through our sewing retreat getaway.  Were we are staying is very quiet this time of year but we a close enough to restaurants and shops if we need to be go out.  The house is perfect for our needs there is an island bench for all important fabric cutting (and occasionally food prep) and a big long table that we can spread out on when we need to and the lounge is lovely to sit in an sew in from of the TV watching a movie or royal wedding.

We’ve sewed A LOT I think yesterday I stitched from 7.30am  until 10.30 pm with breaks for shower, food and the Royal Wedding.

My plan was to work on a different project each day.

Row by Row

Friday was my row by row. I finished the resew of the florist shop row and stitched the rows so far together.  It’s looking good.  3 more rows to go and there is no way it will be finished by June, but hey that’s fine.  The real job has been really hitting hard lately and some nights I just can’t bring myself to sew.  I’ll finish the rows when I can and then we will get the patterns up.

Pretty Circle Game

I was a bit behind on Circle Game having not finished last months block with all my row by row renewing that needed to be done but I am almost up to date now.  The 2nd block from this month is about halfway together.

Plan for Today

Well today I might start a new project and then maybe move on to Delilah.  I packed some fabrics for Glitter (another Jen Kingwell’s design and I might just cut a few blocks out.  I admit to having a couple of Jen Kingwell’s quilts at this stage.  I just cut a few blocks when I feel like it and will then gradually stitch them together.  Florence is in a similar state as is Daisy Do.  There is no requirement for these quilts to be finished they will just be waiting when I want to start stitching them.  These are pretty much 1 block quilts which I think is perfect for this style of slow stitching.





1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you had a very productive retreat.