23 February 2012

My Creative Day

Today I opened my Mixed Media Kit that I got from Blue Bazaar.  It is a Kit of the Month arrangement and each month you get a selection of items to try out and a couple of projects to follow on the web.  Of course I didn't strictly follow instructions but I am happy with the results.  My plan is to bind the finished pages to make a book at the end of the year.















Here  are today's effort, the 3rd project is about a 1/2 way complete, I'll try and finish that on the weekend I think.


Last night was my mate Helen and my birthday tea with the girls.  Here is the photo of my loot.  I must say as usual we were very spoiled by our wonderful friends.  I got 3 bags, a sewing kit, some japanese linen (divine), a scarf also divine, a book, note paper, a bangle (gorgeous), a voucher for shopping at Hetties and some chocolates.... which didn't last long its amazing how much chocolate you need when you are painting.

Catch you tomorrow for FTF.

3 comments:

libbyquilter said...

love seeing your art journal pages~!
happy belated birthday. (-:
that really is quite a pile of loot and everything looks so tempting.

:-)
libbyQ

Shay said...

So you paint brilliantly as well. Goodness me lady - is there anything you cant do?

Love the art journal. It looks gorgeous.

That birthday haul looks pretty nice too. Glad you got spoiled!

Leanne said...

Urrrrr is there nothing you can not do the paintings are fantastic.