28 July 2012

Do you work in a creative mess or do you have to have order

Personally I always work in absolute chaos, but I have had to have a bit of a tidy up to find all my fabrics that I am working with at the moment.

I have just gone through all of the bits of pieces from the fat quarter pack that I am using to put together the latest quilt and I am feeling a lot better about moving forward after doing so.  The more I look at it the more I love this fabric, they are so fresh and look so pretty put together.  They go great with some of the Moda Solids I have so it is going to be easy to mix and match with the colour pallet down the track and maybe a few more shops might pick this quilt up... fingers crossed.

The first dresden plate has been appliquéd to the background fabric and as you can see I have a bit more to do on it once they are all finished but I am giving my fingers a rest before starting the embroidery again.

The blocks are coming together beautifully, I think this will be my favourite quilt when it is finished.

4 comments:

FloS said...

The last quilt is always the one we love more...until the next one !!!
I love your colors too !
Florence

Kate said...

Ooooh, pretty. Love the colors and the background you've choosen. I can see why it's your favorite.

Sue said...

Looking good Amanda .... I love the colours and Im very partial to Dresdens!!! Well done! Looking forward to seeing the next installment and maybe seeing it in the flesh. Cheers S

Leanne said...

I don't even need to tell you, life and sewing is chaotic. The blocks are looking great.