27 April 2018

Term Ends

I think I’ve found a way to blog post from my Ipad.  Well I thought I did however the blog post I have been working on just disappeared from the blog so maybe I haven’t. Fingers crossed this one might stay put.   Scrap that this afternoon it decided that I couldn't add pictures from my ipad so it isn't working.

We are just about at the end of the school holidays.  It has been a good break though I haven’t had much time off and neither has hubby but the kids have slept in (Maestro) and relaxed (Mo).  In the last week of school they both did exams for their drone pilot’s license and they both pass well.

secret squirrel project
The big clean up is pretty much finished I have 7 boxes of books, fabric, blocks and quilt tops to go to a local patchwork group to use for charity quilts.  But I don’t think we will be doing the room shuffle for a while as there are some logistics still to do to move and internet connection out to the room.  So I still have my sewing room but it is a lot more organised and once I get rid of the boxes I will have more room to move around in there.

Yesterday I started working on the pieced rows for the row by row.  It all ended in a bit of disaster first is stitched the blocks incorrectly then I realised I miscalculated the block size but I think it will be ok, I just need to have a part block at the end.  I also found that one of the appliqué blocks is too long and I will have to unpick it.




disaster block

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you did a very complete clean out of the sewing room. Sorry the row by row isn't going as smoothly as you'd like. Hopefully you've got all the logistics worked out now.