25 March 2024

15 Minute & Joining In

 The heat has finally stopped.  There was a couple of days of low 30's and now the weather nice and mild.  In fact the morning a quite chilly have had to pull out a jumper to go for my morning walks... but I'm not complaining. 

Last week I join the Australian Crochet Guild, the local chapter meets in a pub on a Saturday morning.   The pub has to be open  for pokies but the place is empty (apart from the pokies room) .  The ladies meet in  the beer garden, and a few of the ladies stay for lunch after the meeting.   I think there was about 15 ladies meeting up to crochet and talk about crochet and the annual conference which is due to happen in June.   It is only their second meeting but it was good fun to meet with like minded ladies look at what everyone is doing and share ideas.  

I've worked more on my redwork embroidery.  This time I used the non sticky wash away, which was way better than the sticky variety.  No residue on the needle to contend with.  Need to get back to it, but I have been trying to finish the centre of the Cove (see below), but I plan to pick it up again tomorrow night.  

The Cove is growing.  One more row and I'm up to the smaller squares that surround the middle.  At least they will be nice a portable.  


I just got delivery of some new yarn which will go with my new lounge which is on order.  I have picked the pattern which I found on pinterest, it's an organic/wool mix in a pretty green.  

Lastly we sorted tickets for Mo Graduation Ceremony and paid for her gown rental, which I thi
nk is just another way for the Uni to squeeze a few more bucks out of us before she finishes.   Her job is going well and she is happy doing 3 days a week.  Each nite she lets us know what she has done so we can spy the graphics on the nightly news.  

That's it for me this week have a good week.  

  

1 comment:

Kate said...

Hopefully you get a lot of wonderfully comfortable fall weather and a bit of rain. Your redwork is looking good and so is your version of The Cove. Congrats to Mo on her graduation. It is amazing all the fees and things you need for graduation. So glad her job is working out.