20 June 2011

Where'd that weekend go?



Well most of Saturday was spent at a Lighting Carnival for my son's school footy.  Here he is kicking a goal.  The were undefeated through the rounds and went on to win the grand final.  
And the 6/7 team went on to win the grand final as well so that was 2 trophies for the school awards cabinet in the one day.

Yesterday was a little bit more laid back with a quick shopping trip to Harbour Town looking for a Crows Tracksuit for my son, as the one he is wears to the footy now is shrinking or maybe he is just growing at an unbelievable pace.  I said to the girl behind the counter that I probably should wait a few more weeks and you will be giving them away.  Squid wanted to buy a pair of boots, she settled for an $8 pair of runners from Rivers.

The other day I got an email from Itunes to say that the new series of Upstairs Downstairs could be downloaded on Itunes. As it is showing on Foxtel which we don't have I jump at the chance and bought the season.  Then I saw that they had a section called Costume Drama, so I had me a little look and found the BBC production of "The Tenant of Wildfell Hall" which is a favourite book of mine and I bought that as well and spent the afternoon stitching and watching 4 hours of "Mr Darcy Programs" as my husband calls it.

4 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I know, i think from this time of year to Christmas, the year flies by. Great score on the sneakers, well done, love Posie

Leanne said...

Well done to the boy...... I am with you on the crows tracksuit LOL. Sounds like your kinda Sunday.

Shay said...

I cant even talk about the Crows right now. I need to focus on something positive!

Congratulations on the footy carnival win.

4 hours of stitching sounds like my idea of a party!

Kate said...

Where do the weekends go? Thankfully no sports for our Kiddo until next the swim meet in mid July. Congrats on the school footy win.

Yeah for "Mr. Darcy programs". That's the best stuff to sew with!