01 May 2012

Catch Up

Mixed Media Monday has gone for another week and no mixed media to show for it :(

Got to say footy has taken over our lives both son's footy and AFL.  Next week my son's tennis starts, meaning both days of the weekend will have big holes in it but at least the Crow's play interstate, so I might be able have a couple of hours free time to just do some sewing or painting or lettering.  I'm really glad Squid isn't interested in doing anything competitive just yet.

On the lettering front, I was able to pick up my Parallel Pen which I had been struggling to find a supplier for without paying and arm and a leg for postage, from a stationer which wasn't too far from work, they had to order it in but I have it now.  This week I plan to go to an Art Supply Store and purchase some coloured markers (next thing on the list)  the last weeks lessons look amazing and I am really looking forward to getting stuck into the lessons.

I had a Eureka moment the crochet, I actually googled joining octagons so I had a clue.  I needed to use squares drrr to join them together. Here is what I have done so far.  I also got a couple of new wooden crochet hooks in the mail yesterday, I think I like them...time will tell.

Last night I went to a meeting at the school to see what is involved in enrolling Maestro into High School, all I can say is I am glad that we are happy with the school that he is Zoned to, and don't have to jump through any hoops to get him into the school he isn't zoned too.

I'm off to sewing today so should make a few inroads into some secret squirrel business that I should also be working on.


5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

I love your crocheting...very tempting!

Rustic Tarts said...

Oh yes, that works - looks really 'vintagey'.

thea said...

Really beautiful! Your work is excellent!

Shay said...

Thank Goodness you like your zoned school. It's really tricky to get into an out of zone school these days.

Footy has taken over at this house too. Looks like my 6 months of being a footy widow has begun.

Love that crochet.

Kate said...

Very elegant way to join your yarn blooms.

I can sympathize with the crazy schedule. Thankfully, we are headed into the Drama Teen's light schedule. Club volleyball ended this weekend, so all we'll have this summer is swimming!