21 October 2010

My Creative Space

I wasn't going to join in this week but thought I might just blog about my new project that is buzzing around in my head at the moment.  I am going to design a boys quilt, not a little boys quilt but more a big boys quilt.   Here are the backgrounds, I am going to be drawing some applique soon but I have decided on these dark backgrounds, I didn't want to go for black but sort of wanted that impression so have gone for lots of dk greys with plenty of texture.  I will be doing raw edge applique and use a nice heavy black thread.  The applique will be in quite bright colours and I will probably be going for solids as I have seen some Day in the Country Solids that are bright but with a bit of subtleness to them which I think will work well with the grey.  I worked on a sketch last night and my son just said "SWEET" so I guess that means it passes the coolness gauge on a 10 year old going on 20 something.

Check out more creative spaces at kootoyoo.

2 comments:

Shay said...

Cool! A boy quilt. I always find mens quilts hard to even think about. I'd like to make one each for my nephews at some point so I;m going to be watching this project with interest!

Bella said...

Love the blues! Looking forward to seeing the end result. :)