29 April 2011

Favourite Thing Friday - DMTV and New Blog

Followers of my blog will probably know that I love DMTV (Design Matters TV) which is a web based video that I subscribe to, created by Linda and Laura Kemshall who are two amazing textile artists from the UK.  I haven't watched the videos for a while and I am way behind and have lots to catch up on, but it is good to put on when I am doing the ironing which I did this weekend (two weeks worth which wasn't fun but the video's made it all go very quickly).

They now have a blog so you can follow on with what they are doing in the studio.  If you are remotely interested in dyeing, fabric painting, art quilting or just interested in trying something new, look around their blog and there website.  DMTV is pricey but well worth the investment there is new content every week and lots to learn.  I have just got some soy wax to try batik again and I am going to get some discharge paste next week to try some of the other techniques that I came across on the weekend.

Want to check out more FTF head on over to Mrs P.

8 comments:

Leanne said...

I will be interested in seeing what you come up with.

Kate said...

Anything that makes ironing pass faster has to be a very good thing! Can't wait to see what you come up with on the batiks.

Marg said...

I haven't done batik in ohh so long. I should try it again...one day!
Looking forward to seeing your results.
That certainly is a great way to help pass the time while ironing.

thea said...

Never heard of DMTV before - I'll have to check it out.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Sounds like you are having a great creative time.

Kirsten's Cooking said...

Thanks for the tip - will you be dyeing your own fabric to use?

Shay said...

Is there anything you dont do Amanda. I love the idea of soy wax to do batik. Last time I did batik I was in primary school.Hopping on over to have a look at the blog now!

Thanks for the heads up for FTF.

Baa-Me Kniits said...

That sound like fun!! I have been researching wool dyes this week....looks like we both will be getting messy :-)