07 August 2014

Feeling Inspired

Feeling really good about my Beginners Class this week.  I wasn't a bit nervous starting out this week and we got into learning about half square triangles.  It has got me thinking about what is the next step for the beginner once they have made their first quilt and it has inspired me to start another project in the next few weeks.  In fact as soon as I finish this blog post I am going to have a play in EQ7 to start drawing a few blocks and put a plan of action in place.  So watch this space over the next few weeks.

Christmas in July at Quilt Fabric Delight's continues this week and my second project was unveiled you can catch all of weeks 1 action here.  I have to admit I drafted this pattern not really thinking about how the blocks would come together and ordered the fabric then realised it might be hard to piece and get it right.  However I did a couple of test blocks and they came together amazingly easily. I think I am going to do a jelly roll friendly version down the track and I'd love to do a scrappier version of the big blocks as well and of course make it just so much bigger.


Well that's it for this week, who knows I may have further news next week on that other thing I'm going to be working on.

3 comments:

Shay said...

Peppermint Twirl is a great looking quilt – versatile too, in terms of making it look completely different depending on the fabrics you use.

Glad to hear you’re having fun teaching – and I bet your class is enjoying learning from you too! Your post got me thinking about whether there is a natural progression for beginner quilters – I know I started with simple squares and probably did pinwheels fairly early on – cant recall what happened next!

Shay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate said...

Sounds like your class is going really well. I'll be looking for your new project.

Peppermint Twirl looks great. It would make a fun scrappy quilt. Hopefully you'll get a chance to play with that idea too.