15 November 2014

Chocolate Marshmallow Sampler Blocks 5 and 6

This month marks the half way point of the sampler.  Can't believe it, which means that I had better get on and make the last 5 blocks.   I have been really busy with none quilting activities like kids tennis and more work (day job) than I really need at the moment.  Thankfully that should slow down now and I can concentrate on the fun stuff.

The last couple of months I have chosen blocks that try and build on what you have learnt and then give a new technique that you may not be familiar with but because I was a bit later than I would have liked writing the pattern I decided to just choose a couple of the easier blocks for this month.  By easier I mean easier for me to explain not necessarily to sew.  A word of warning you will need to take care with block 6 as it requires you to sew triangles with a bias cut be careful  that you do not stretch the seam as you stitch if you can manage this the block will go together without a hitch.


I realised the other day that the quilt layout I had been showing on the blog was wrong as the quilt is 12 blocks not 16 so I have fixed that as well sorry for any confusion.  

I have had a couple of sales of block 1&2 so welcome to the recent participants and I hope you enjoy the quilt.  

Keep sending me photo's of your finished blocks and I will post them on the blog/instagram and Facebook for everyone to see.  




The link to purchase the instructions to this blocks are now on the Choccy Sampler Page.




3 comments:

Shay said...

Triangles are my bete noir. If you dont hear from me again I'll probably be found sobbing in a corner somewhere ...

Just kidding - I can do these . Your instructions are so clear and easy to follow. Im really enjoying learning new techniques and using fabrics I wouldnt normally use . Thankyou for running this little QAL Amanda- this is so much fun.

Pip said...

I'm behind as I still haven't made the other two blocks, hopefully after this weekend is over things will get back to normal and I will get some quiet time for stitching. Looking forward to making the blocks.

Kate said...

I don't mind the HSTs, I've finally learned how to manage them. Hopefully I'll be able start on these two blocks this weekend.