14 April 2016

Flowers for Alison Progress and next BOM

I am hoping to do more regular blogposts going forward, my other writing gig has paused for now.

Here is a photo of the progress for Flowers for Alison if you follow my Instagram and Facebook page you will get more regular progress.  Now that the first corner is finished and I am liking what I see, I more inclined to power on with the rest of it now.  I'm up to stitching the vines on the two corners which weren't previously done, which is boring as hell and I can't wait to start stitching flowers.  It amazing how much the appliqué was lifted once the leaves got stitched in place.

I've been thinking about my next BOM because July will be here before we know it.  I just purchased 25cm of Jen Kingwell's new range Behind the Scenes and I think that will be the basis of the backgrounds for the next BOM and I am going with Appliqué and Piecing again this year I enjoy it more than just straight piecing.

I have a total of 8½m of the fabrics and my initial thoughts are pieced backgrounds with pieced borders round each of the blocks.  The range is a mixture of grey, whites and creams which I think will give a lot of movement to the blocks and I will team it with lots of bright appliqué because that is my thing.  At the moment I am thinking 9 blocks all of uniform size.  Once I nut something out on EQ I'll give you a sneak peak, but at the moment it is all in my head.

I will leave you with a picture of my favourite notion at the moment, Roxanne Glue in this handy squeeze bottle which means you can suck the glue back out of the needle and it doesn't get clogged  up which is my main gripe with the other Roxanne Glue bottle.  Roxanne Glue stays soft and it is easy to stitch through even if you get a bit too liberal with it (especially on the stems).  The only way they could improve this squeeze bottle would be if they made them refillable.  

I'll leave you with some funnies I found on Pinterest.







Follow Seabreeze Quilts's board Humour on Pinterest.

No comments: