28 October 2019

15 minutes and a missed week

I didn't get round to doing a post last week.  Was just really lazy, by the time I remembered it was sit in front of the TV with my hubby for Xfiles reruns and I decided to just do a 2 weeks post this week.

Last week was a 7 out of 7 week
This week was a 6 out of 7 week

Work is progressing on top and bottom borders.  I transferred the pattern to the fabric and have prepared most of the leaves on both borders and started on the book on the bottom border.  I am just hoping hoping that it will look like a book when it is finished.  Last week I stitched the side borders in place.  And I have finished writing block 8 which is now in my etsy shop.


My iMac has been slowing up over the last 12 months, it only worried me when I used excel, most other programs weren't too bad though open software usually required a lot of waiting around.  DH was more impatient with it when searching the internet and start carrying on when he got the pretty spinny ball and nothing would load.  So he gave me the go ahead to get a new one and I spent half the weekend migrating my data.  I have to say the automated migration app is amazing it took a long time to migrate over our network but everything was where it was supposed to be with little effort from on my part.

This week I head off down the coast for a sewing retreat with friends.  I've restricted myself to 3 projects.  Springtime Romance Borders, Green Tea and Sweet Beans and Sugar Plum.   We will see how much gets done on the 4 days and a bit days.  Lots got done last time so I'm hoping it will be the same again this weekend.


So how did stitching go for you this week.  Head to Kate's for the linky party.  

3 comments:

Karen said...

Such a striking quilt done with the black backgrounds.

Kate said...

You've been busy! I love those blocks and the sashing is just so cool. Enjoy your retreat time this week. Congrats on the new computer. It is such a pain reloading everything but it's so nice when you get a clean slate and everything works.

Karrin Hurd said...

Gorgeous quilt!