01 November 2019

Springtime Romance Free BOM Block 5

How are your blocks going?  We are up to block 5, though I would suggest putting in your favourite Vase block here.  Block 7 was originally going to be in this spot but I liked this block more so it got centre stage.

By the time this posts I will be packed to head down the coast for another sewing weekend with my girlfriends so I have set this post up well in advanced mainly so I don't forget.  

I'm hoping that the top and bottom border are well under way by the time this goes up.  The last couple of nights I have been back basting leaves and getting started on the book on the bottom of the quilt.  Yesterday I stitched the side borders to the quilt I think I will see how well it sits on the bed and if I can trim down the sides a couple of inches at the moment they are 10 1/2" finished but so far it looks balanced, haven't decided if I will add extra flowers flowing down or up the sides from the top and bottom border which is tempting but I may be over it by the end.

What you have been waiting for Block 5.


You will now need to purchase the block from my Esty shop

The pattern will be available until 7/11/2019.  If you have any questions, add a comment and I will get back to you as soon as possible.  Otherwise enjoy and I'll catch you next time.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Another gorgeous block! Enjoy your weekend with your stitching buddies. I'm hoping for a solo nothing but stitching day on Sunday.