10 February 2020

15 Minute Challenge and the end of holidays for some

My hubby finally went back to work last week, he started his time off the same time as me but had lots of hours built up that he hadn't been able to take so they made him take them as part of his holidays.  He is counting down to retirement which he is planning on in 3 years time.

Maestro is glad he is gone, something was said about him cramping his style.  He has been having bunches of friends over to hang out, swim, play table tennis and drink.  At least they have all been responsible with their mode of transport home and haven't been too noisy.

Mo had her "party" on the weekend.  She met all her friends at one of the local beaches and they went to a sunset market and had noodles on the beach.  Most of her friends have their license only her and her boyfriend haven't done anything about it yet so we are still playing taxi for the pair.

The final border for Springtime Romance is moving along, most of the leaves and the open book is finished I am now onto the flowers.  The flowers in the bottom border are slightly bigger so I am hoping that it won't take too long to finish.

I missed one day this week so it is 6 out of 7 for me.  One day I just needed to veg in front of the TV and not worry about stitching.

I'm booked into Marg Sampson George's class at Hetties in a couple of weeks so I was trying to decide which quilt to start.  I purchased one of her template sets and order the pattern and templates for another quilt that I like the look of from her Etsy shop hopefully it will get her in time.  Here are the fabrics I have pulled for the 2 projects.


2 comments:

loulee said...

You have to have a day off now and then. I had one too on Sunday.
Interesting fabrics.....

Kate said...

Sounds like it's been busy at your place. Some weeks you do have to just veg with a book or in front of the TV. Looking forward to seeing that finial border for Spring Time romance. Both fabric pulls look great. Since I'm not starting anything new, I'll enjoy seeing what you get started on.