24 February 2020

15 Minute Challenge & a Tiring Week

I always struggle in February and I think I've worked out why.  Work goes from nothing to full on in those weeks and I'm pretty sure that I struggle emotionally too. By Friday I kind of had enough I'd had a headache since Tuesday and was really feeling like I'd had enough so ended up just dropping tools after extending my working day by an hour.

Feb is not only my birthday but it was my mums birthday too and also the anniversary of her death and there are a few other disappointments to do with her family (well my family) that really come home to me at this time of year.  So it was good to have a quilting class to look forward to this weekend.

The class was with Marg Sampson George.  I haven't ever done a class with her before, my girl friends weren't going so I was a bit apprehensive about going it alone but I survived and although the class had a few strong personalities I did quite enjoy it.  The first day I was pretty quiet my head was still pounding a bit but I got into the swing of things on Sunday and after completing and getting tips on how to for the 2 blocks I was interested in got enthused about another appliqué project from her book and one of her students work which was in a softer colour way than Marg's original quilt.


Marg uses a lot of antique quilts as inspiration and she does a lot of broidery perse and paper piecing which I don't particular like, but she has excellent techniques to share with the group and I picked up some handy hints to add to the technique vault.

Border 4 is still going strong for Springtime Romance and hopefully I can stay awake enough tonight to add a bit more to it.  I am going to do a bit of reverse sewing as well as I am not happy with a couple of flower centres they need resizing.  Maybe 2 more weeks and it will be done and the top will be finished.  Fingers crossed.

Well how did I go this week it was a 6 out of 7 this week again.




1 comment:

Kate said...

Sorry this month has been so stressful for you. The month is almost over, so hopefully March will be easier on both fronts. Sounds like you got a lot out of the class and got in some muc needed R&R time too. Hope this next week is much better, fingers crossed that the headache doesn't come back.