14 March 2022

15 Minute Challenge and a visit to the Hospital

 This weeks fun included day surgery to remove a benign tumour from my leg.  I found it about 8 weeks ago and got in to see a surgeon pretty quickly.  Because of the elective surgery ban, the surgeon scheduled it for 6 weeks from my appointment and he was pretty spot on with the timing the ban lifted 3 weeks ago so the big rush was over and I went under the knife on Thursday.  The tumour had made sitting uncomfortable for long periods of time so a full day of work sitting in an office chair hadn't been fun the last couple of weeks.  Today is the first day that I have been able to sit in the office chair since the op so I am healing, just in time to head back to work tomorrow.  Probably did a bit much yesterday so was limping by the time I went to bed.  Will be glad when I can get back on the treadmill and walk around freely, hopefully only a couple more days.  

To while away the hours I have been sitting and crocheting.  Finished the big square I was working on last week and added a border and have started on another square the same size but in a different colour.  Will border this one as well then join them up at this point it will be 4 squares which will make a nice sized throw.  I ordered more yarn for a CAL (Crochet along) and another stash for another pattern I have decided to try.  

I've been doing my of 15 minutes this week and binge watching lots of British Crime Shows on ACORN.  

The last picture are of a heap of pots and mugs Mo got fired this last week.  The picture doesn't do the speckled glazes justice they are like sprinkles. These glazes are hard to get and she was only able to get small tubs but she thinks she is trying to source a bigger tub elsewhere.  






1 comment:

Kate said...

Glad the timing worked out on getting the surgery finished. Hopefully you are feeling much better and are just about back to normal. The crochet blocks turned out beautifully and so did Mo's pottery. Fingers crossed that the drama drops for the next few weeks and you've got time for your stitching in all the forms you play in.