15 May 2023

15 Minute Challenge - Happy Mothers Day

 I'm feeling much better this week, some nice weather has probably helped.  Mothers Day was 27 degrees which is well above average for this time of year.  

Maestro always works Mothers Day it one of the busiest days of the year in the restaurant, but he was pretty happy he was only on prep and not doing too much cooking, so he squeezed in a phone call.  He came over for dinner and footy watching Saturday night gave me my flowers.  

I had a lovely Mothers Day, morning tea with some of the Mum's in the street, then a walk with just the dog and me and I finished watching Queen Charlotte with a bit of crochet thrown in.  

I can't say I have done a lot of sewing or crochet this week, just felt like doing nothing much of a night this last week.  I've nearly finished another Mandalay square, I'd like to finish at 4 but I think Maestro will want it bigger as he is not small (6'2") so he will want full coverage to snuggle up on his lounge.  

Maestro's dating life is a bit of a running joke in the house (he doesn't have one).  He was set up on a date with a girl the other week, it lasted a joint date (with the couple that set him up) and 2 other dates and he was trying to work out how to say it wasn't going to work and she texted him to say the same. Oh well.  

Mo's bake sale at the uni was a great success they made $1200 and sold out.  Here are the biscuits she rejected.  


We are ramping up to some busy times and I'm going to be increasing my hours soon, not sure how I feel about the extra work load but the extra money will be good.

Head to Kates to catch up on what everyone is up to.  


No comments: