09 September 2024

15 Minutes and Bits and Pieces

 The year is definitely wizzing by I cant believe we are well in to September.  We have had quite a few warm days even though spring has just started.  

My co-worker had to head off this morning as his wife was in labour. The count down is on for me to finish the quilt.  It's lucky I finished the quilting on Thursday afternoon and started the binding on the weekend.  Will need to get on to the hand stitching (I don't like machine stitching it down).   I have loved getting back behind the machine and doing some machine quilting.    

I started having a bit of mini clean up in the sewing room, I need to find some more yarn storage.  There is already have a couple of bags that need to go to the charity shops shortly.  While cleaning a rediscovered a couple of small cases that I want to make into sewing boxes.  Below is the plain painted box.  I've got a few stickers and elements to paint up and go on before I start looking at the inside.  Have you seen the travel sewing cases on instagram that are made out of travelling jewellery cases.  They look darling, mine is on order from Amazon but I decided to make a start on a bigger one for paper piecing projects.  After trawling through instagram I have found a couple of how to's (in Italian) but I think I can follow the photo's.


A couple of weeks ago I did an afternoon class making this sewing bag.  The clam shells are hand pieced from a small template (not paper pieced).  It took me about a week to finish and it came out lovely.  I have another pattern for small purse that originally used hexies but I want to use the clam shells again, they are so much easier than paper pieced clams and they look pretty much the same.  Not sure when that is getting started though.  It was lovely doing the class I miss regular classes the most since COVID. 

 

Mo is getting ready for a market in about 6 weeks.  Its at a gaming convention, she is making a few gaming character inspired pieces.  She has also been working on these cute animal figurines.  She has also made polymer clay phone/key fobs as well as earrings.  I think she will be doing some art prints and stickers as well if she has time.  She has also applied for another market closer to Christmas just hope she can make enough stock by then.  


I'm down to the last square of a crochet blanket I have been working on.  Need to get them all together and work on a border.  Crochet Guild meets this weekend it will be good if I can get all the squares together by then for some show and tell.  

Hope you are getting your 15 minutes in.  

1 comment:

Kate said...

You've been busy! Your sewing bag is lovely! Looking forward to seeing how you finish off your sewing case. Good luck to Mo with her market. Looks like she's found some fun stock that the attendees will love.