30 May 2007

Stage 2





Here is the view of the new carpet from the middle of the room. The carpet guy was concerned about the suede effects because he had had bad experiences with it in the past because it marks easily. I said that we had already experienced that when we ripped up the old carpet and had to repainted the wall in places but we then sealed the whole wall so the finish was more durable.

My daughter and I spent the afternoon helping my son's class make castles. The class is studying fairy tales and they were given the assignment to construct a castle or a bridge. They were to use 4 ways to join pieces, have one moving part and use 3 types of recycled material. There was some interesting structures including one little girl wanting a three foot canon to jut out at an angle, and as much as I tried I couldn't get it to stay where she wanted it.


No comments: