02 November 2014

Stitchen and Bitchen - Great Way to Spend a Sunday

Had another lovely day with the girls today, stitching and solving world problems (well our little world's problems) having a bit of a bitch about various members of our respective families and generally unwinding and doing a fare amount of talking and sewing.

I made a backing for my appliqué quilt found a lovely floral voile in the stash, then basted the quilt ready for quilting.  Then I turned my attention to the Metro Twist Quilt that I cut out last time we had a sewing day and got 6 blocks finished.

The blocks are super easy to piece I don't use pins at all to piece the curve and the clear instructions make easy to trim the blocks down to size with the Curve Ruler and then put the pieces together. I will be making more of the patterns using this ruler because the quilts are just so striking and so easy to do.

I'm up for another busy week, as Squid is playing in the SPSASA Tennis Carnival this week.  She is scheduled for the first 2 days only but that may change at short notice... which I know my boss has forgotten about which might make next week a bit challenging for him when he gets back from his OS holiday but I am sure he will survive.

How are your Choccy Blocks going, I saw another block today using repro's and I think the finished quilt will look fantastic.  

2 comments:

Kate said...

A stitching day with friends sounds like a lot of fun. Sounds like you got a lot done.

Shay said...

Metro Twist is looking fantastic Amanda. Love those colours too!

I’ve cut the fabrics for Block 4 of the Sampler and am hoping to get that done this week. So enjoying doing this project.