26 January 2008

Birthday Swap








Here is the great unveil of my gift for the Birthday Swap for Christina I really admire all of Christina's craft and I hope she liked my gift. I got the idea from the Quilting Arts Gift Magazine that was published before Christmas. I hand dyed all the pieces and used my old bassinet sheets that my mother saved for me and I used with my children so they were lovely and soft and some old damask table napkins and a voile table cloth to hold it all together. The lace is some vintage swiss lace that I got on ebay a couple of years ago. Must go back and see if I can get some more bits because now I have a use for them. The images I printed using my deskjet printer.
I have been reading today a couple of magazines American Patchwork and Quilting, Kaye England has an article in their and there are a couple of quilt's in her article that I would love to make. One is a antique applique quilt white with pomegranates and is in hot pink, orange and lime green such a fabulous colour combination everything old is new again. Another quilt is candy pink and white and it is just beautiful, she has reproduced this one in a pattern but I love the simplicity of the old quilt much better.
The other is Australian Beading and there is a couple of really nice projects so I went off and purchased a couple of kits this afternoon must have something to do over the coming weeks when I am child free during the day... apart from looking for a job.

No comments: