12 March 2009

The Mess That Is My Sewing Room

No there will not be any pictures.  I spent an hour and a half finding my floor and table in my sewing room but it just got a bit too hot out there and so I gave up.  I did manage to pack a heap of BOM's and patterns away in some storage boxes so they are no longer taking up floor space and got rid of a heap of stuff to the recycle bin but more needs to be done.  I need to get rid of a heap of stuff or start to enlarge the sewing room (not an option)I have a ton of magazines that I am sure I don't need, a pile novels and fabric that I doubt I will ever use. Do I put it on ebay? The quick look that I did on ebay it didn't look like they were selling many mags .. maybe it was just crappy ones that no one wants but surely someone would want mine...I've kept them this long for god knows why.  The fabric needs thinning out that is for sure I have heaps of Fat 1/8's  should I just bundle them up and see what happens? Advise please...

p.s. one more day for the give away...so send me your comments on 200th blog entry if you want to be in the draw.

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Amanda....we all must be in the clean it out....sort it out...chuck it out or expand mood!! I have been looking at the fabrics I have sitting in storage containers that I never open...what to do with it..?? It is all good fabric....it just doesn't appeal to me any more and so it will continue to sit there....I look at some of it and think...."what WAS I thinking when I bought that? (the answer to that is I probably wasn't thinking!!! I would give it away if I knew anyone really wanted it....there are about a thousand scrap quilts just sitting there waiting to be made but I don't have the time.....I have read on a few blogs about cleaning and sorting - is it the change of seasons...the full moon....?? I am not buying any more fabric for a long time...I don't need it...that is my new mantra.....!!

we should have a get together at a different house every month ....bring a sewing machine.....cut up all the stash and sit and sew scrappy quilts....I could keep everyone busy for a month I think.....!!

Leanne said...

Ha I have read what Loz has said it is in writing we will have to keep her to it. LOL You know the moment you throw one piece of material away it will be the one piece you need.

Dawn said...

Do you want to clean up my sewing area..so no-one can see it the mess?...LOl....Maybe a fabric swap with your friends will get rid of unloved pieces....they might love them. I did this a couple of years back where we put all the pieces we had bought in front of us and went around the table and chose a different one from some else's stash in turn. Any left we bundled up and sent to a craft/quilt group at a local community hall.I hope you can now enjoy your sewing room with more space for more fabric?
hugs
Dawn x

XUE said...

Greetings from Tokyo! Is yr sewing room very decent looking now? I'm in the midst of sorting out mine & it's so hard to get rid of any fabric! Have you been selling yr old mags online anywhere? Would you let me know where (the link?) you selling them? I sure would like to take a look! Thank you!