02 November 2009

Girls Sew In

Sorry no pics from yesterday's Girls Night In afternoon.... I just forgot we were too busy sewing....fancy that (a bit of eating and drinking was done as well). I finished piecing the outside of my test block for Material Obsessions BOM. I got up to pinning it together before the girls left yesterday afternoon and last night I hand stitched it. Now I have to applique it to the background square and put in the centre circle. I love it so much I am going to make 4 and do a wall hanging out of it. But first I had better get on to the actual BOM block.

We did have a lovely afternoon out of the heat of the day. Spring/Summer has arrived in a burst of heat. The kids had a Pupil Free Day on Friday so they have had 3 days in the pool and are very tired today. It is already 28 and it is only 7am so it is going to be another warm one today but a cool change is set to hit tonight for a bit of relief.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Your block looks fantastic ... thanks for the lovely afternoon yesterday. cheers S

Leanne said...

Hey it looks fantastic all put together. I was a great afternoon we must do it again soon.