06 November 2009

I'm Going to Do It Different


The other day when the girls were over for the sewing day, we were talking about Kellie' Quilt a long and how I had joined up. And I said "I am doing it but I'm Going to Do It Different" for which Sue replied "Of Course You are". I didn't realise I was so predictable. I was trying to tidy my stash yesterday and came across some very suitable fabrics left unloved in the boxes so I think that I have yet another plan for another quilt.

I finished my test block for the Sue Ross BOM here it is, I am very pleased with how it looks and am planning on doing another 3 of this block and make a wallhanging out of it. Problem was I couldn't get some of the fabric's anymore they were sold out on Pat Sloan's website but a quick email to Pat and she found me what I wanted and it is winging it's way to me as we speak. Must admit I didn't like this range when it first arrived but when I opened the bag to do the test block with it, the lipstick red just jumped out at me and I had to get some more which I did and a couple of other fabrics as well.

This the first time I have made a block totally hand piecing and I must admit I have really enjoyed it. I have started cutting out the fabric for the real block and I really love the fabrics that I received. I have started cutting out the second blocks test piece will do a bit more of that tonight that is machine pieced.

Next week I am going to a hand applique class with the Thimblelady with Leanne and Viv (no Blog). Hopefully we won't get in to much trouble I get the feeling she has a no nonsense approach to quilting.

My next bag is about 20 minutes away from being finished so it will probably go up on Etsy tomorrow, then I have an order for one from Viv to get on with. Then it will be Chrissy pressies to make.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

You must be so happy with that block it looks fantastic. Do you think we will survive the Tuesday class!!!!!!!

mary-myneedlethead.blogspot.com said...

I am doing Susan Ross bom too! Yours look great - I haven't even started yet! Hugs, Mary