28 December 2009

Christmas Aftermath

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas.  Mine was really low key and we had lunch and dinner with my in laws.  

On Christmas Eve I set off early for a massage, but the therapist didn't turn up and I am still waiting for her to return my call so I got back to the house before 9.30 and we made a quick decision (which in a household that everything is measured to the Nth degree..not by me I might add) is very unusual, to go to St Kilda Playground with the kids.  It was a lovely cool day with a fresh breeze after the heat of the day before and the kids were getting a bit stir crazy with being mainly inside the day before the all the excitement of Christmas.  



The decision turned out to be inspired.   The kids burned off some the exited energy and we filled in the day.  It also meant that when they went to bed that night they were asleep before their heads touched the pillow which hasn't happened over the last few years.  



Apparently St Kilda is always hotter than anywhere else so the day was perfect, I don't think I would want to go there when the sun was shining there is no shade and lots of metal.  The kids had a ball tearing here and there.  My husband was equally tired as he has to go on everything with the kids, I just took photo's and tried not to fall over.  I got some really good shots and plenty of plain awful ones as well the joy of digital photography is that you can just delete them lol.
We had hamburgers and chips for lunch at the local kiosk and then headed home.  



I avoided the shop on Christmas Eve which was wonderful and I haven't headed out to the sales as yet.  But I have been working on my Christmas Tree for next year and this morning I have finished the raw edge applique and it is ready to put the backing on and quilt.  

1 comment:

Leanne said...

You must have climbed very high to get the top photo. I agree St Kilda is great if the sun isn't shining....no shade at all.