25 September 2010

While the Footy is on

I started this last night and have been making headway today.   It isn't taking all that long and I am surprised at how much I have actually achieved.  All the tree flowers have been quilted now is the task of doing the fill in which is going to take quite a bit of time and then I can start on the border flowers but I think that I will quilt out to that.  I am not a great fan of linen so I do worry about the stretch factor.  By doing the middle first I am hoping to avoid any bubbly bits, have managed to quilt them out so far.    And no I can't claim this as a quilt that I have made it was made by Karen and it is all button holed by hand. 

6 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Looks beautiful! Amazing amount of work to buttonhole that by hand!

Chookyblue...... said...

look great.......can't wait to see it finished....

Karen said...

Ooh Thankyou so much Amanda. Please don't be impressed by my hand work girls. I only do it by hand because I am absolutely dangerous to mankind on a machine!!

Shay said...

It's beautiful , both the original design and the quilting.

XUE said...

This is so beautifully done! Truly gorgeous! Have a wonderful weekend !

Seams Sew Together said...

Fabulous work!