05 April 2013

Favourite Things Friday

I know this working week was only 4 day but I feel like it has been about 8. I don't know why I just think I have done more in this 4 days than I do in a normal week.

 
 

Maestro has a trial footy game on Sunday but apart from that we don't have anything on so we have decided to tackle the wallpaper in the kitchen as the next few weeks will be more footy matches plus crows games and school holiday and the New Kitchen starts on the 29th of April.

One thing I have been doing this week is spending lots of money.  I have bought my oven, cooktop, taps and water purifier.   I got the sink a few weeks ago as it was on sale.  I put a new set of saucepans on layby as only the frypan we currently have will work with the Induction cooktop I have bought.  DH is ignoring most of my purchases at the moment he is trying not to think about it, while he isn't looking I am going to sneak in a Breville Mix Master shhh don't tell.

On to Favourite Thing.  I have mentioned these a few times on the blog but this week they are my favourite thing as they have been in use for a couple of months now and I don't know how I survived without them.

As you can see I have 2 one for all my mixed media stuff and the other is for my sewing stuff.  They hold a mountain of bits and bobs and everything is at your fingertips.  They are both pretty much full now so they look pretty amazing.

Love my new Tim Holz distressed paints fitting perfectly in a couple of bins.  My only complaint is that bigger bottles don't fit so the top of the spinner is pretty much overflowing at the moment.  But it is perfect for my Aurifil Threads, machine feet, needles, scissors and other sewing notions.

I love the fact that all I have to do is change seats and I can move from sewing to mixed media without having to pull stuff from the cupboard.

I got them from Blue Bazaar however they are from the US and I think they are originally a Hardware product.

So that is my favourite thing this week I'm ready to get out the crochet and sit in front of the box for a couple of hours rest.  Head on over to Mrs P to see what everyone else's favourite is.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Being organized really helps get things done, you don't waste time looking for stuff. Great favorite. We actually have a free weekend. It gets crazy after this though till school is out for the summer!

Shay said...

Very schmick storage there Amanda. Love that you can see everything at a glance and that it rotates too!
You are going to love that new kitchen.

Leanne said...

I will expect some very yummy things to be coming out of this new kitchen.