18 January 2019

Back to Work but some creative time was had

The last week of my holiday's I spent a sewing day with the girls and we each made this Vintage Thread Caddy.  I got the kits from Luccello at Christmas and gave them to my friends as part of the Christmas present and we organised to do them together at our next sewing day.

I found my stash of vintage spools and added them to the cord, I have anchored the threads at the top of each spool with some glue so they don't unwind on me.  I'm loving using it, it sits on the arm of my lounge and holds my thread, scissors, thimble, needles etc.



I also went to a class in Backbasting appliqué last Thursday at Hetties School House in the City series.  I'm not hating it now that I have had a chance to do it at home.

I'm more than half way through putting the final frames on Pretty Circle Game blocks.  The only thing holding me up is problems with my elbow, I'm booked into the physio next week.

Here is my Circle Game Progress, I am now working on the tenth frame.  I couldn't stitch last nigh but hopefully I can tonight.

Maestro got into his first Uni preference, he is doing a double degree for Middle School Teaching and Science. I don't know if that is what he is going to end up doing but it is a start.

It's hard to step back and let him just do his thing but we have done that and left everything pretty much up to him. Though there has been a bit of discussion.  But he has organised everything himself and we just stepped in to help with some of the finance questions and when he was having trouble with what he selected but we encouraged him to either go to the uni or ring them and he got everything sorted himself apparently he still having a few technical issues with his online class selection but he's going to sort that out this week.

He is finally becoming more independent, Mo has always done stuff for herself he has tended to leave stuff until we do it for him, but over the last few months he has started to take more stuff on.  His new job has helped and I am sure Uni will as well.  Now we just have to get him to get his drivers licence and then he will be less reliant on us.

He has lined up a string of concerts over the next few month and even purchased a ticket for Mo to go with him to one in April.  Mo has been pushing to go to a few concerts too but she hasn't really had a close friend want to go to the same ones, and I am reluctant to let her go with just an acquaintance.  B


oth like similar music, so they will be able to go to all ages shows together in future.  He's got past the can't stand his little sister stage and doesn't mind hanging out with her anymore and is friendly with most of her friends.  


1 comment:

Kate said...

Love your Circle Game blocks and the thread caddy turned out beautifully. Hope your elbow has improved and you are back to stitching. The Scientist in Training claims that being a college student means she's an adult in training. I think there is some truth to that. Good luck to Maestro with his university classes and navigating the whole adulting thing. I think it's just as challenging a stage for the parents as it is for the kiddos.