26 August 2019

15 Minute Challenge and 2019 Online quilters Meet & Greet

Another 7 out of 7 this week which was truly amazing because I felt like I was running in 10 different directions all week. I was so glad when it was over.

The 2nd tulip block got finished because I didn't have time to print off the applique pattern for the side borders of Springtime Romance until mid week, I'm only 2 and a bit months behind now.





I've started stitching Springtime Romance but there isn't much point in giving you a picture until more of the flowers are stitched its just a group of leave at the moment.  I found that the fabric I used was pretty light on the back which meant I could use a permanent black marker to outline the appliqué shapes which will be fantastic in the long run as I don't after go back over the design everytime I add to it.

Also on the agenda this week was to start on Mo's homestay pressie for her trip to Japan.  On my sewing weekend last month I purchased a box of Aboriginal print fabric,  Mo is going to make some scrunchies and I made these little bags, put some fancy zippers on them.  We also got some socks with Koala's on them and Mo has made some little charms from polymer clay, and I think she will probably make some Australiana stickers.


In other news I am participating in 2019 Online Quilters Meet & Greet.  There are prizes if you visit my blog and use the link on the post to register.  The more blogs you visit the more you can times you can enter.  It kicks off on 3rd September.

So how did you go this week with the Challenge.  Head to Kate's to see everyone's progress.


1 comment:

Kate said...

The pressies turned out beautifully! Sorry you had such a busy week, hopefully this week has been a bit slower paced.