20 April 2020

15 Minute Challenge - School Holidays but it looks the same as school term

Mo is still on school holidays but she has been doing a lot of school work over the break so it doesn't look much different apart from the fact she isn't physically going to school.

We have kinda got into a rhythm working from home although my hubby has had a few days off, but the thing is when you are working from home you don't actually have days off because you still check you emails and people still ring you because you phone is diverted.

I managed to get toilet paper today (first time in 3 weeks) and last week I got hand sanitiser and liquid soap so maybe things on the supply front are returning to normal (its the little things at the moment).

We haven't had any new covid cases in our state since Thursday and they open up the testing criteria and tested a lot more people this week so good signs.  The government is spruking an app for us to download if we want to begin to open up, I'd want a lot of assurances before I do it but I can see the benefits.

Over to my stitching it was a 7 out of 7 this week. I have also started crocheting again, though it is a bit hard on my shoulder which is playing up now that I don't have a regular massage.  I have been crocheting during the day and stitching at night.

Coco had dental surgery last week she ended up have 3 teeth removed, she is nearly back to normal now but she wasn't herself happy self for a few of days.  She is still on pain killers and antibiotics for most of the week but she is back to being my shadow again.


I finished the propeller block in the Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt.  Still waiting on glue pen refill to finish the clamshell block which was the other block for month 9.  Australia Post is a bit of a joke at the moment  everything I order either gets lost or takes a month to get here.   I have started on month 10's block which are 3 blocks of a drunken path block.  They are all cut out but am only halfway through 1 block so nothing really to show.



Well that the report from me, how are you going finding time to stitch 15 minutes.  Check in with Kate to see how everyone is going.  

2 comments:

loulee said...

Your pinwheel blocks look lovely.
The post here in NZ is just as bad, everything seems to be taking so long.
I hope puppers is back to normal soon. It's no fun having teeth out.

Kate said...

Hopefully your state is close to a turning point and things will get better. Congrats on all the stitching time this week. I agree, working from home does seem to mean you aren't really off work. I'm checking emails well into the evening as several of the others in my group and our supervisor have small children so they work the mostly in the evening once the kiddos have gone to bed. My Guy's boss is a workaholic, usually staying really late at work. Usually once we go home he doesn't bother my Guy, but with the working from home he is likely to call at lunch time, dinner time and all hours of the evening. Happy stitching this week and hoping that your supply chain issues have been resolved. I think ours are going to get worse in some critical supply chains as manufacturing plants that have stayed open are now starting to report large numbers of people with the virus and are having to close.