15 December 2020

15 Minute Challenge and Lots of Holiday Running Around

 I don't know where the first week of my holidays went but it's been and gone.  I haven't been idle most of the Christmas shopping is done I've run a few errands, got my eye's tested new glasses are coming in a couple of weeks.  Dentist trips and dropping Mo of to work and staying up late to go and pick her up has meant that I have been stitching and crocheting way more than usual in the evening to stay awake.  

We went to see a financial adviser today to see if DH can retire in the next 12 months he is also on holidays from this week though he has to go in to conduct interviews tomorrow but I'm having my hair/nails done so the day is already filling up fast with activities.  Then I think we are pretty free apart from taxi service for Mo's work until Christmas.  

I'm still working my way through Granny Square Academy.  I'm up to No 8 square which is really testing but is going to be really pretty when finished.  



My Blackbird Design pincushion is well on the way.  I'd say I have a few more nights to finish the top then it will be on to the side which will probably take a while.  Don't know if it will be finished for Christmas but fingers crossed it may be.  


It was a 7 out of 7 for stitching this week. We have been watching MidSommer Murders on Amazon Prime while I stitch but we are just about out of episodes to watch.  DH doesn't like the New Barnaby Season 14+  and on but he might have to suck it up.  

Mo has made coffee cups for a few Christmas presents.  They have finally be fire and I picked them up today.  She is so impressed with how they turned out.  Mo also got her results today and she got one A- and the rest all A for year 12 and she has enough ATAR points to comfortably get into the course she wants to do at UNI.  







1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you've got a good mix of errands during the day and stitching in the evenings going on. Mo's cups look really nice. And congrats to her on all the A's. Fingers crossed she gets her first choice for uni. The yarn squares are looking good and so is your latest stitchery. Hope things slow down a bit once it gets closer to the holiday. Happy stitching this week.