28 June 2021

15 Minutes Challenge, Covid Vac and likely to Go into Restrictions again

 Today the government has announced that they are tightening restrictions again. There has been a large outbreak in the eastern states and smaller ones in the NT and WA.  At the moment there are non here but it probably is only a matter of time as there has been lots of travel between the states and it is this new Delta strain that they say is more contagious.  Our borders are closed again to all but Tassie and Victoria.

About 10 days ago the government also announced that they no longer were going to give the Astra Zeneca vaccine to 50 to 59 years old.  There have been a number of deaths due to blood clotting and quite a few hospitalisations, I admit I was waiting.  I am not an anti vacser as my mother had polio in the 50's and she always instilled in us the importances of vaccination but the side effects to Astra Zeneca even if it was 1 in 200,000 were too great.  As soon as they did the switch my husband and I made our appointment. Thursday we went off and stood in line and got the jab.  We are due for the next one in 3 weeks.  

Work is still a bit of nightmare, I found something I missed from a couple of months ago and had to come clean to the boss.  He found something he missed as well and his comment is that he is sure there is more. This is the type of stuff that happens when you just have too much going on.  I'm not really stressed at all about it which is surprising me, I've given up on trying to get it all done just have to try and get what I can get done.  





Well this week on the challenge front I've managed 7 out of 7.  I actually started socks this weekend, and finished the main part of the cross stitch drum, I'm working on the top now.  Quilt Quilt 3 is quilted just have to put the binding on.  Might get a chance during the week ... fingers crossed.   I also did some more on the Hetties Embroidery Book, but that's a bit slow going.  

Hope your week is going well.  Its been pretty wet here winter is sort of here I think the weather is really up the creek.  

Check out how everyone is going at Kate's.




1 comment:

Kate said...

I had heard on the news that restrictions were going back in place. It's a pain, but they seem to be pretty effective the way your country does them. Yeah for getting your first jab. Sorry that work continues to be so busy, hopefully your boss can renegotiate with corporate to move some of the work elsewhere. You've got lots of funs stuff in the works. Hope you can finish your binding this week.