14 December 2021

15 Minute Challenge and Holidays

Yesterday was the first official day of my holidays and I forgot what day it was and so my usual blog post is late.  

DH has been a bit unwell the last few weeks and he finally went to the Dr because he was too busy with finishing up work GRRRR.  The Dr suspects Diverticulitis and has put him on antibiotics and sent him for blood tests and  a cat-scan yesterday but he can't get back to the drs until next week more grrrrr.  Although I think he is worried about it it isn't stopping him from doing stuff though he has to be careful what and how much he eats at the moment.

Mo got all her results back and she got HD's for all her subjects so I think she has pretty chuffed.  

I worked on a colour pallet for my next BOM, Mo is going to do me some sketches for some stitcheries and it will include applique and piecing.  I have simplified her first sketch and I am pretty happy with it, and once I get the threads I ordered I will start working on the first block. 

This week I have worked on some crochet the first block I finished last night so it will probably count in next week's tally for the challenge.  I haven't crocheted in a while so luckily this pattern came with a video so I got to jog my memory with some visual aid. 

I finished another cryptid monster and have started working on the next one and did a bit more of my blackbird design one.  I might need to start using a hoop for this cross stitch as the piece of linen is quite large and I am struggling with not having enough hands to stitch it at the moment.  

Today's task will be to start working on pressies for the girls we haven't scheduled a Christmas get together yet so I think it will happen in January but that is ok.  

Also I'm having a sale in my etsy Shop so if there are any patterns you need we have 25% off and if you are in Australia and need a last minute gift my finished items have free upgrade to Express postage from now until Christmas. 

Its a 7 out of 7 week for me.  Check in with Kate to see how everyone is going in the challenge.   







2 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

You're working on a lot of fun projects. I look forward to seeing your stitchery. I was making a present too and thought I would have lots of time if we had our gathering in early January, but it might happen next week! The deadline has moved up seriously!

Kate said...

Ooooh, I like that fabric pull for your next project. Hopefully your guy is feeling much better. I hope you've been able to enjoy your leave so far and have lots of fun stuff planned in and out of the sewing room.